Thursday, January 31, 2013

How Long Will Social Networks Last?

http://www.webhostingmadness.com/blog/hosting-help/which-social-networks-are-right-for-your-brand/
         
       Social networks are the big thing right now. Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest, or one of the many others, they all attract the online surfers. Once one person gets an account they tell there friend who tells there cousin who tells there teacher. Online websites and content travel very fast through people and everyone want s to be able to say the have a Facebook account for example. But the question is will they last for much longer? To me, I believe that they have another 12-15 years and then social networks will start to slow down. I do believe a lot in businesses using social media for marketing, but I don't think they can rely 100% on it for the next 10 years. So that brings up another question, and that is what will the next great online marketing tactic be?
          To conclude it up I do believe social networks have some time left but not too much time. So if you are running a business and putting a lot of money and/or effort into social media marketing, keep on doing it for the next 5 years and I would then began to look for the new best online marketing way!

1 comment:

  1. I just read an article today asking if people are feeling the Facebook Fatigue? I think there is some truth to that, just the other day I put up an Invite on FB and my friend said, who still uses FB? I was shocked. Then I thought, yeah there is a little of the fatigue. BUT mark my word, FB is more than just a social network. According to seth priebatsch, FB is the framework of the new Internet. I strongly believe that to be true. IF not Social Networks - then what?

    ReplyDelete