Tuesday, February 12, 2013

What is Lending Club?

        I was doing research on different types of ways to invest your money and came across this website called http://www.lendingclub.com. What it is is basically a financial community bringing together investors and creditworthy borrowers so that both can benefit financially. By removing the bank from the lending process, they make it possible for investors to earn a higher return and for borrowers to get a lower rate on personal loans.
        Lending Club was founded in 2006 and they launched there site it 2007. In 2011 and 2012 Forbes listed it as one of "America's most promising companies". The whole investing process is done 100% online and done quick and fast. My thoughts on it are that I believe it's an interesting borrowing process for investing but I'm not as comfortable with it because it's with other random people. Sure the platform is cool and I do believe it will be the next big thing but I am not sucked into it yet on something I will be involved in anytime soon.

Also if you have any extra time check out this great article on Investopedia on "6 Weird Ways to Invest":

No comments:

Post a Comment